This Alzheimer’s and Dementia Awareness course aims to provide the learner with knowledge and understanding on the differing types of dementia and the impact that a diagnosis can have on people’s lives.
Who needs this qualification?
Staff who work in caring establishments with elderly clients.
Such environments include:
- Residential Homes
- Nursing Home
- Domiciliary Care
- EMI Care Homes
- Overview of Dementia – causes/signs/symptoms
- Diagnosis and treatments
- Care Values necessary when caring for individuals with dementia
- Personal centred care planning
- The emotional impact of dementia
- Positive communication
- Managing risk, minimising restraint
- Challenging behaviour
- De-escalation techniques