Mental Health Awareness (including D.O.L’s)
This course is designed to educate the learners on what is a deprivation of liberty and the process it takes to become authorised. It will also develop the learners understanding of mental health conditions, the stigma and the effect it can have on an individual’s life.
Who needs this qualification?
Any individual who works within the care sector who is likely to encounter clients with mental health traits.
Such environments include:
- Residential Homes
- Nursing Home
- Domiciliary Care
- EMI Care Homes
- Mental health and learning disability sector
- What do we mean by Mental Health
- The Stigma of Mental ill Conditions
- Common Mental Health Conditions
- Interventions and Services
- The Basic Principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (D.O.L.S)
- Urgent and Standard Authorisation (D.O.L.S)
- The Court of Protection