This course is designed to provide the learner with a basic understanding of food safety and hygiene practices within the workplace. Learners will develop an understanding of responsibility in food including the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food.
Who needs this qualification?
Any individual that handles food within the course of their work.
- The Law/Food Hygiene Policy
- Significance of Food Hygiene
- The Problem
- The Danger Zone
- Controlling Temperatures
- Delivery and Storage
- Preparation, Cooking and Cooling
- Holding and Reheating
- Personal Hygiene and Hand Washing
- Pets and Pests
- Premises, Equipment and Cleaning