Medication Administration Awareness
This course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge and skills on how to safely provide medication support to their clients. It will aim to develop an understanding of the differing levels of medication support as well as the administration process.
Who needs this qualification?
Any individual who encounters medication within their working practice.
- How Drugs work and their Effects
- Types of Medication
- At Risk Groups
- Consent and Authorisation
- Stock Management and Storage
- Medication Records
- The Administration Process
- Specialised Techniques
- Compliance Aids and Monitoring Dosage Systems
- Preventing and Managing Error
- Responsibilities under level 1, level 2 and level 3 support